This post contains a freebie (81 Provinces of the Philippines Checklist Instagram Story Template) which is accessible if you subscribe to my newsletter by leaving your email address in the corresponding link. Please support! 🙂
I was born and raised in the Philippines. As my short bio in the home page of this website reveals, I had the chance to travel around my hometown and eventually around the country for the first time when I started joining quiz competitions and when I eventually joined the Philippine government service after graduating from college. Because of that, I developed an interest in seeing more of the Philippines. I vowed to visit the 81 provinces of the Philippines little by little as one of my bucket list items.
SHERLYN’S VERY OWN 81 PROVINCES OF THE PHILIPPINES CHECKLIST!
During the past few years, I have only mostly traveled overseas and I vow to see the Philippines more. So far, I have only been to the following provinces (in no particulat order):
- LA UNION: I visited the town of San Juan, a popular surfing spot in the Philippines. I stayed at Monaliza Surf Resort and ate at Tipple and Brew. I discovered a lot of Instagrammable hostels which I promised to go back t next time.
- PANGASINAN: My family went on a quick road trip to visit the Our Lady of Manaoag Shrine, where I stumbled upon the Museo de Nuestra Senora de Manaoag. We ate at Matutina Gerry’s Seafood Restaurant after.
- AURORA: I visited the small but beautiful town of Dingalan and witnessed its beauty. I stayed at Fil-Dane Inn.
- BATAAN: I was able to visit the towns of Morong (where we stayed at Juness Beach Resort) and Bagac (where we stayed at Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar) for a work-related events.
- BULACAN: My family occasionally visits resorts in Bulacan for a quick getaway. I also had a random solo day tour in Malolos.
- NUEVA ECIJA: I was able to have a quick visit to Cabanatuan City when I visited Aurora Province.
- PAMPANGA: My maternal grandma’s hometown! We go here at least once a year. I was also able to visit Pampanga on several work-related occasions. I have stayed at Azzurro Hotel, Lewis Grand Hotel, and many more.
- TARLAC: My maternal grandpa’s hometown! We would occasionally visit Concepcion town to catch up with our relatives.
- ZAMBALES: I visited Subic for a work-related activity and had a weekend escapade at Liwliwa Beach, a popular surfing spot, where I stayed at The Circle Hostel Zambales.
- BATANGAS: MY HOMETOWN! I have been all over the province since I was young for quiz competitions, and I also make it a point to travel around here very often!
- CAVITE: I frequently visit Tagaytay City and had several school and work-related activities all over Cavite.
- LAGUNA: Most of my relatives live here. I have also worked and lived in Laguna. Calamba City is also a city my family and I frequently visit. My favorite cafe in Calamba is OJ’s Brew.
- RIZAL: I have visited Antipolo several times (because I love taking my friends to Pinto Art Museum). I have also visited other places in Rizal for school-related activities.
- MARINDUQUE: I joined a group tour to Maniwaya Island and had a very terrible experience. I’ll give Marinduque some justice by visiting the mainland next time.
- OCCIDENTAL MINDORO: I had the chance to visit the towns of Abra de Ilog, Mamburao, and Paluan for a fieldwork with at team from the World Bank.
- ORIENTAL MINDORO: I attended a seminar at Calapan City and stayed at Parang Beach Resort. I wish I could see Puerto Galera next time.
- PALAWAN: I visited Coron over a long weekend and it was amazing! The flight was so terrible, though.
- ROMBLON: I was able to visit the towns of Romblon, Cajidiocan, Magdiwang, and San Fernando for a work-related task.
- ALBAY: Legazpi City is a place I would love to visit often! I was also able to visit nearby towns. I have stayed at Mayon Backpackers Hostel and Casablanca Hotel.
- CAMARINES NORTE: I randomly visited Daet and I was surprised with so many things! I stayed at Calaguas Gateway Hotel.
- CAMARINES SUR: I visited Naga City and CWC. I liked Albay better as a province.
- BENGUET: I had the chance to visit Baguio City and it was beautiful! I just wish it will not reach the Manila level of being a city.
- AKLAN: I celebrated my birthday in Boracay Island where I took a ro-ro vessel going there. A beautiful hotel I could recommend is Lanterna Hotel.
- CEBU: The city I will keep on coming back too! I celebrated my birthday here, I went here for work, I went here solo, I went here with friends!
- MAGUINDANAO: I was able to visit Cotabato City and Datu Odin Sinsuat town for a fieldwork.
- SULTAN KUDARAT: I visited the town of Lebak for a fieldwork.
81 Provinces of the Philippines Checklist Template
In order to have access to this Instagram Story Template, click on the button below:
81 PROVINCES OF THE PHILIPPINES CHECKLIST INSTAGRAM STORY TEMPLATE: Share your posts! 🙂
You can always share your 81 Provinces Bucket List Project progress to me at my Instagram account @wheressherlyn or at email address [email protected] Looking forward to seeing tips on how to tick this item off my bucket list! Have fun exploring the Philippines! 🙂
JOIN ME AS I TAKE THE 81 PROVINCES OF THE PHILIPPINES CHECKLIST CHALLENGE!
How about you? How many of these provinces were you able to visit so far? Let’s all witness the beauty of the Philippines and try to visit all 81 provinces!
For more travel articles about the Philippines, click on the banner below: